Saturday, June 30, 2012

Old Brown Shoes


     
           I don't know why  I put them on
           The old brown    worn out shoes I
                  Found      discarded
         Along the side       of the road

           So very tight       my baby toes wailed
            But the laces      held a while
         And the old brown      worn out shoes
              Held a while       onto my feet
 
                    I begin       walking backwards
          Along the side of       the road
    But not really walking       more searching
          For the history       of leather

           Following the       rumble strip
 Feeling for impressions       of dusty footprints 
            Of worn out       black soles
           Of worn out       souls

          As I walk        I listen
          For echos       of your steps
              Echos      of your breaths
       From nearby        walls

        Slowing now       I scan the scene
    For impressions        of reflections
           Of light         bounced off you
       I am hunting         hidden daguerreotypes

     I shuffle toward        familiar visions
           From almost        thin air
           Almost solid        they hold a while
           Onto my mind        this history of leather
     
               Déjá vu         approaches        
              Askew and      without warning   
         And I am frozen   in time
              Frozen in old brown shoes



(c) 2012 Norman Dziedzic Jr.

2 comments:

  1. Creative. I like the "Prelude" you posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The "prelude" came when I couldn't finish this one :-)

      Delete