Monday, July 2, 2012

On Words

If you have seen my other stuff you will know I don't normally do traditional rhyming patterns.  This is an old poem from when I did.  I will follow "On Words" up with two others which are On Prose and On Poetry when time permits.




The equality of words I think
Is perfect most agree
For one word isn't more a word
Than other words you see

In other words a word's a word
That is as words I mean to say
Just standing there all by itself
A word's just that in every way

Now groups of words I've heard have weight
That is some think some sum up more
Than other groups of equal words
As if they give each one a score

But words of heart they have no weight
I mean their weight we cannot see
Heart's words can move your feelings much
And leave your brain without the key

When words and groups and feelings mix
The weight is there but can't be found
And endless sayings are all said
Without a single talking sound



(c) Norman Dziedzic Jr.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading the traditional rhyming types of poetry along with other styles. For me, it's nice to have a mix. I like this one, I'm glad you posted it.

    ReplyDelete