Sunday, May 13, 2012

Momentary Distraction

  Those walking by
       Dressed for warmer air,
Force smiles
            To the wind.
However,
        This is only a
   Momentary distraction
                        Dear.

  Walking by you,
         It's difficult,
Not to smile;
    But sometimes
       Your face says -
   Not to look.
         Yet
         It never says,
             To look away.

  Even though I should not,
      I worry.
          Your bare arms and
Legs, to fight the day
  - And not to call
          You frail - 
                I think,
I want to
      Hold you close,
      To breath warm air
      Through your hair,
                 onto your
                     neck.

  Walking by
     I see your smile.
  And being dressed
        For warmer air,
    I long to feel your face
         Nested next to mine.

   However dear,
         I am only a
Momentary distraction.

(c) 1987 Norman Dziedzic Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment