Wednesday, May 16, 2012

City Lights

   City lights
         from darkness
       show; in night
    to make me
             know
A man has walked before me.

      And wondering
         what will be known
             of me,
   I think -
             not the name.

        With no face,
                no words,
          one is left to
              make a stand
      upon ability alone;
         however grand or
       pathetically drone; to
              be exalted or
           thrown away with
               cares from
                yesterday.

          And coming to
         the break of day,
    I will walk before the sun
          that I may know
        I walk alone;
     And they may know
  A man has walked before them.
(c) 1985 Norman Dziedzic Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment